Monday, May 29, 2006

Powell River Tennessee


Friday night we took the girls camping in tennessee on the Powell river (outside of harrogate TN). It was nice to get away from the house for a bit. We did a bit of night fishing tho we didnt get a single bite. It was nice just to sit and listen to the tree frogs and night birds. we were asleep for about an hour when a hoot owl landed right above out tent and hegan to hoot! Man that thing was loud! This photo was taken on a creek that flows into the powell river. I just couldnt pass up this falls shot. I took it hand held with a slow shutter and I cant believe its in focus! I usually try to hold my camera agains a tree so i dont get a camera shake but i was standing in a narrow gravel road with no path to get to the falls like i wanted to. Im way too scared of poisonous snakes to walk anywhere i cant see my own feet in and this spot had quite a bit of brush and vines. I hope everyone has a great memorial day and please stay safe out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home